Tiny Hand Pink Bow Tie

Thursday, 10 January 2013

{ review } Esse Eye & Lip Cream




Hi, guise!

What do you think of my new blog layout? :D By the way, please let me know in the comments if this font is annoying and hard to read?
Anyhow, today is Friday – that means it’s product review time! ^ u ^ (yes, I’ve made a schedule now)

Today I’ll be sharing my thoughts and feelings on my Esse Eye & Lip Cream!


 The packaging is simple, it contains 20ml of product, and it has a pump! *yay* Another really awesome thing about this eye cream is that 99% of the total ingredients are from natural origin and 89% of the ingredients are from Organic Farming!
On the box it reads:
“A treatment packed with actives. Amongst them, Hyaluronic Acid which hydrates and reduces the sub-clinical inflammation that leads to long term damage.”

It’s also not animal-tested and it’s a vegan product.

Instructions:
“Pat a small bead of cream into the skin around the eyes and lips twice daily before moisturising.

>Store below 25⁰C/77⁰F
>For external use only
>Avoid contact with eyes
>Keep out of reach of children
>Keep out of direct sunlight”

There’s a long list of cool, organic and safe ingredients that I took off the website:

Aspalathus Linearis (Rooibos) Extract*, Simmondsia Chinensis Seed Oil*, Sclerocarya Birrea (Marula) Seed Oil*, Glyceryl Stearate Citrate, Sucrose Stearate, Glycerin* Sodium Stearoyl Lactylate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Rosa Mosqueta (Rosehip) Fruit Oil*, Glyceryl Caprylate, Schinziophyton Rautanenni (Manketti) Seed Oil, Calodendrum Capense (Yangu) Seed Oil, Xanthan Gum, Olea Europaea Leaf Extract, Benzyl Alcohol, Hyaluronic acid, Pelargonium Graveolens Oil*, Dehydroacetic Acid, Bisabalol, Lavandula Officinalis Flower Oil*, Aloe Ferox (Aloe) Leaf Extract, Vitis Vinifera (Grape Seed Extract), Adansonia Digitata Fruit Extract, Sodium Phytate, Tocopherol, Sutherlandia Frutescens Leaf Extract, Citric Acid, Kigelia Africana, Eriocephalus Africanus Leaf Oil.
99.5% Natural, 88.6% Organic, *=Certified Organic Ingredients
All the products sold on this online organic shop are free of parabens; SLS; mineral oils; TEA, DEA and other common nasties.

 The colour is caramel brown and the product is rather sticky and wet due to the Hyaluronic Acid. It’s smell is fruity – like grapes and something more flowery like an orchid or something (I LOVE it!!). A teeny tiny bead smoothes over both my eyes – a little goes a long way. I wouldn’t use it as a lipbalm, because it doesn’t stay on your lips like normal lipbalm. It absorbs pretty quick, and your lips need a cover (like petroleum) to protect them from drying out and becoming chapped. Reapplying this to your lips everytime they feel dry might be the end of the product! lol

My opinion? 4/5
It doesn’t fix my dark circles despite saying on the website that Vitamin K helps for them (however, they never said it was in the product). It’s also a bit expensive, but I can imagine if you use it sparingly (and only for your eyes) it will last a very long time. I haven’t used much to make a fair comment on the long term results, but it does hydrate the skin around my eyes, leaving it soft and plump that makes applying makeup easier.
I’ll definitely repurchase this eye cream if I don’t find one definitely containing Vitamin K or if I can afford it. xD

Thanks for reading! I hope this post was informative.

I bought this product at www.faithful-to-nature.co.za. It is a South African website and they deliver the product to your home for a small fee (if you can’t reach one of their warehouses). It should be on eBay as well.

What's your favourite eye cream?

0 comments: