Tiny Hand Pink Bow Tie

Tuesday 19 February 2013

Vaseline Healing Power! ☆

Hello, my sweet cherry tomatoes!

So, starting university was a nightmare (yes! I'll give you a basic tour of the routes I follow + the Neelsie hehe) - my skin flared up in heat rashes and blemishes, because I struggled to get used to the outdoor climate and consume anything. As always, I'm searching for new ways to heal my skin. A twitter friend suggested Vaseline. To be honest I was skeptical at first, because petroleum jelly does not feed your skin, it only forms a layer over it.

According to my brief research, if a scrape or minor cut is kept moist (after being disinfected and properly cleaned) it'll heal faster and won't leave such a visible scar that a "dry" wound would. With this in mind, I plunged head on!


As you can probably see, I picked the Blue Seal one with Aloe Vera extracts. Aloe is known for it's soothing and healing properties! So what's not to like? The packaging also says that it contains "light hydrating jelly".

Ingredients: Petrolatum, Parfum, Aloe barbadensis, Cucumis sativus oil, Benzyl alchol, Benzyl salicylate, Butylphenyl methylpropional, Hexyl cinnamal.


If that makes sense at all. At least we know it actually does contain petroleum jelly (Petrolatum) and aloe extracts.


It feels slightly lighter than my previous batch of normal Vaseline. The Blue Seal range (I think?) is made especially for hydrating your lips, by the way. It has a light, fresh aloe-y smell and is quite fun to apply. It spreads easily, but it does leave a glossiness that one wouldn't want on scabs and sores (or just on your face in general).


So, how do we do this? Just dab a bit of product on the sores and/or scabs (after cleaning your skin with something like Detol) and reapply it when it disappears, which might be 4 to 6 times daily (according to research). This will keep the damaged skin moist and sooth it stimultaneously. I'm happy to have found one with Aloe extracts!

What I like:
> It's really fun and easy to apply. The texture is soft and light.
> It effortlessly gets rid of the hard scab that would normally form on your skin and the skin heals withing two weeks (depending on the wound) without leaving much of a scar.
> It contains Aloe extracts, one of the ingredients I'm currently raving about! ^ w ^

What I don't like:
> It's a bit greasy and makes my hair stick on my face at times.
> It might block your pores if you apply it to your whole face.
> I sometimes forget to reapply.

All in all, I love this new trick and hope it takes away all my scabs scarlessly!

Have you tried this before? If so, how did it work for you? If not, what is your over the counter scar/scab-remedy?

0 comments: